Information on applying for a postgraduate research course at the School of Law.
If you are applying to one of our PhD or MPhil programmes please complete the online application form at the link below.
Before applying, you should read all the information available regarding your proposed choice of study. When completing the online application form, you should read the associated guidance notes and follow the instructions provided.
The following must be enclosed:
- Two academic references
- Photocopies of official transcripts and certificates from your previous degree courses
- Research Proposal - View our research proposal guidelines (PDF, opens in a new window)
- A sample of written work - 2000-5000 words (Bioethics only)
- A copy of your passport (if you will need a visa to study here)
- A copy of your CV
- Evidence of English language ability* (if English is not your first language); either IELTS or TOEFL.
*The required English language scores are:
- an overall IELTS score of 7.0, with at least 7.0 in the writing component and at least 6.5 in all other components
- an internet-based TOEFL score of 100, with at least 25 in the writing component and at least 22 in all other components
English language test results are only valid for two years. Your English language test report must be valid on the start date of your programme.