Manchester Law Scholars Award 2018 entry
A Manchester Law Scholars Award is worth up to 25% of the annual undergraduate overseas tuition fee in the School of Law. Six awards are available for overseas students, who meet the eligibility criteria below.
- You must have received an offer of a study place for 2018 entry by Friday, 29 June 2018.
- You must choose The University of Manchester as your firm choice by Friday, 29 June 2018.
- The deadline for scholarship applications is 4pm (UK time) on Friday, 29 June 2018. Scholarship results will be announced by 4pm (UK time) on Friday, 6 July 2018.
- You must receive an offer to study a full-time undergraduate degree in the School of Law at The University of Manchester before Friday, 29 June 2018.
- Your degree programme must start at the University of Manchester in September 2018.
- You must receive an offer for a course studied in full at The University of Manchester.
- For tuition fee purposes you must be eligible to pay the overseas tuition fee.
- You must have accepted the University of Manchester as your firm choice before Friday, 29 June 2018. If you have not chosen The University of Manchester as your firm choice by this date your scholarship application will not be considered, regardless of whether you have received all your offers or not. If your status changes after this date from a scholarship ineligible status, such as insurance, to firm with the University of Manchester your scholarship application will not be considered.
- You must enrol on a degree programme at the University of Manchester in Year 1. The scholarship is not applicable to any students joining a degree programme at the University of Manchester after Year 1.
- The University of Manchester reserves the right to remove scholarship funding without prior notification.
- An application form will be sent to all undergraduate offer holders who are eligible to pay the overseas tuition fee.
- You must complete and return the form to email@example.com by Friday, 29 June 2018.
- An academic panel will consider all applications and make their decision based solely on the strength of the written application submitted.
- If you are selected for a Manchester Law Scholars Award, subject to the eligibility and award criteria you will be guaranteed the award in your first year of study. The award is available in each of the follow academic years of your degree programme subject to scoring an overall average of 60%, or above, and achieving a minimum of 120 credits in the previous academic year. The Manchester Law Scholars Award is not applicable during any years in industry or any compulsory or non-compulsory years abroad as part of your degree.
- If you offered a Manchester Law Scholars Award, you must confrim acceptance by Friday, 20 July 2018.
- The Manchester Law Scholars Award can be provided for a maximum number of four academic years.
- The Manchester Law Scholars Award will be applied as a tuition fee discount only.
- The decision of the Manchester Law Scholars Award panel is final. No scholarship applications or decision appeals will be considered.
- All decisions made by the University are made in good faith, if a Manchester Law Scholars Award is awarded on the basis of predicted grades and you do not achieve your predicted grades but you are permitted to join the University, the University reserves the right to remove the award.
Please note that only courses run by the School of Law are eligible for the Manchester Scholar Award.
Courses jointly run with the School of Social Sciences are ineligible.
- Criminology BA
- Criminology with International Study BA
- Law LLB
- Law with Criminology and International Study LLB
- Law with Criminology LLB
- Law with International Study LLB
- Law with Politics and International Study LLB
- Law with Politics LLB
Courses not included in this scholarship
- Criminology and Quantitative Methods BASS
- Philosophy and Criminology BASS
- Politics and Criminology BASS
- Social Anthropology and Criminology BASS
- Sociology and Criminology BASS