Search type

School of Law

Study abroad

Learn in another culture and gain valuable experience for your future career.

Our partnerships with world class universities all over the world provide you with the opportunity to travel and learn internationally.

You may apply for the University of Manchester International Exchange Programme in the second year of your degree and study abroad for a year between years 2 and 3 (making your degree four years in total).

Many of the overseas universities involved provide teaching in English.

Our current partner institutions

Please note that students can only study abroad at universities with which we have exchange agreements.

For LLB students:

For BA Criminology students:

How to apply

If you would like to find out more about applying for a year abroad, please contact the School of Law Academic Exchange Adviser when you arrive at Manchester:

Gillian Ulph (Erasmus, Exchange and Visiting Students Officer)
Telephone: +44 (0) 161 306 6544

Further information