Careers and employability
Gain dedicated support with career choice, job-hunting and developing the skills and experience employers want.
As a University of Manchester School of Law postgraduate, a wide range of exciting careers are within your reach. You could become a high profile specialist in fields as diverse as finance, healthcare, criminal justice, business, central government and, of course, the legal profession.
Our dedicated Careers Service
We work closely with the University's Careers Service, to offer you all year round dedicated postgraduate support, from exploring your career options, to securing your ideal job. The services they offer include:
- Experienced careers consultants, including dedicated teams for law and postgraduate students
- Tailored support and events for international students
- Opportunities for part-time jobs, work experience, postgraduate positions and voluntary work in the UK and overseas
- Comprehensive careers information online and in campus-based resource centres, including dedicated postgraduate resources
- Wide range of careers fairs, including a specialist Law Fair
- Skills development programmes and workshops
Access to employers
Various employers participate in on-campus presentations, talks and workshops, and mentoring schemes which enable you to learn about your ideal job from an expert currently working in the same area.