Private and commercial law
We're contributing to legal scholarship and discussions which influence everyday lives.
The legal frameworks in this area of law have direct application to every part of modern society, from personal relationships to the way we conduct business.
Our private and commercial law experts at the School of Law author some of the leading texts in the field and have a broad range of specialisms which include:
- Competition law
- Consumer and commercial transactions
- Corporate law and governance
- E-commerce and the carriage of goods by sea
- Intellectual property and IT law
- International and comparative private law
- Law of obligations and property law
- Regulation of financial markets and services
- Regulation of labour markets