Introduction to Research Ethics (approximately 10 study hours)
This course is available now for enrolment anytime. The fee for this course is £190 with discounts of 10% for Manchester University Alumni and significant discounts for block bookings. For more information contact Dr Rebecca Bennett. To enrol online go to our estore. If you prefer to send a cheque contact Dr Rebecca Bennett.
This package of courses covers the following issues:
- The Current International Research Ethics Framework
- Medical Research and UK Law - including the legal principles governing children and the mentally incapacitated
- Research Ethics Committees - including the role and structure of the Research Ethics Commitee and the process of review
- Informed Consent: The Cornerstone of Modern Research Ethics
- Ethical Issues Relating to Medical Research on Vulnerable Participants
- Participation in Research: To pay or not to pay?
- Ethical Issues Relating to the Use of Unethically Obtained Data
- Research Ethics Outside of the Healthcare Field: Ethical Issues in Social Science and Psychology Research
- Research Ethics Outside of the Healthcare Field: Research Ethics Committees and Guidelines in Non-Health Care Areas
This course is suitable for all healthcare professionals and others with an interest in this area and requires no previous training but provides a focused and engaging exploration of these issues with full access to all the University resources including online journals and databases. This course is suitable to use as the basis of personal CPD credits.
If you would like to see samples of the course materials or have any other questions do contact Dr Rebecca Bennett.